EC Driving Provides Training to the Dallas Police Department!
EC Driving, LLC., a member business of the GDHCC Entrepreneur Program at the West Dallas Business Assistance Center since 2008, completed its first public entity contract with the City of Dallas this quarter. The Dallas Police Department contacted Angelica Gonzales, owner and CEO, to provide one-on-one behind-the-wheel training to six (6) officers. Angelica and her team responded with a series of customized trainings for each officer and received great feedback from the "students" and the supervisor. Congratulations and thanks, EC Driving, for making our officers even safer on the road!
EC Driving provides holistic driver training services, ranging from defensive driving to specialized corporate, fleet, and transportation consulting. The company's complete offerings can be found at ecdriving.com. This summer, EC Driving will expand programming to develop drivers from ages 15-18. Keep an eye out for the new classes. For more information or to schedule a corporate training, call 214-723-3547 or visit http://www.ecdriving.com/.
Let the GDHCC help you start your own business!
Interested in starting your own business? Here are the five basic steps to get you started:
- Write a Business Plan –Start with the basics. What is your business concept? What are your goals? Who is your market? Have you developed a budget for your business?
- Register Your Business – Obtain a Certificate of Assumed Name at the County Clerk’s Office; also known as a DBA “Doing Business As.” Or, if you are looking to incorporate your business, learn about the different legal structures that exist.
- Get Your Texas Sales Tax Permit – State law requires certain businesses to charge Sales Tax. Find out if you need to charge Sales Tax and how to obtain the permit.
- Get Your Licenses and Permits – Depending on the nature of your business you will need to hold specific licenses and/or permits.
- Protect Yourself and Your Business – Find out what type of commercial insurance is best for your type of business.
For more information contact one of our three Business Assistance Centers and make an appointment to get free technical assistance training from one our business experts.
Click here for details!